S’mores are a classic and beloved treat that brings back memories of campfires and summer nights. Who can resist the combination of gooey marshmallows, melted chocolate, and crunchy graham crackers? But what if you don’t have a campfire handy? Can you still enjoy this delicious concoction? You may be surprised to learn that you can actually make s’mores in an air fryer!
Why make s’mores in an air fryer?
You might be wondering why anyone would want to make s’mores in an air fryer when they are traditionally cooked over an open flame. Well, there are a few reasons. Firstly, not everyone has access to a campfire or a backyard fire pit. Maybe you live in an apartment or simply don’t have the outdoor space. Secondly, some people find building and maintaining a fire a bit daunting. And lastly, using an air fryer is a quick and convenient way to make s’mores indoors without the mess.
How to make s’mores in an air fryer
The process of making s’mores in an air fryer is fairly simple. Here’s what you need to do:
- Preheat your air fryer to 400°F (200°C). This will ensure that your s’mores cook evenly and develop that beautiful golden-brown color.
- Break your graham crackers in half and place them on a baking sheet or directly in the air fryer basket.
- Top one of the graham cracker halves with a piece of chocolate. You can use regular milk chocolate, dark chocolate, or even try different flavored chocolates for some variation.
- Take a marshmallow and cut it in half lengthwise. This will not only make it easier to cook but also shorten the cooking time.
- Place the marshmallow halves on top of the chocolate.
- Put the other graham cracker half on top to create a sandwich.
- Carefully transfer your s’mores into the air fryer. If you’re using a baking sheet, you can simply slide it onto the air fryer rack. If you’re placing the s’mores directly in the basket, make sure they are secure and won’t fall apart.
- Cook the s’mores in the air fryer for about 3-5 minutes. Keep a close eye on them as they can quickly go from perfectly toasted to burnt.
Once your s’mores are done, remove them from the air fryer and let them cool for a minute or two. Be careful as the marshmallows and chocolate will be hot and gooey! You can serve them as is, or if you prefer a softer marshmallow, you can gently press the top graham cracker down to flatten it slightly.
Tips and variations
To make the most delicious s’mores in your air fryer, here are a few tips and variations to try:
- Experiment with different types of chocolate. Try using white chocolate, caramel-filled chocolate, or even peanut butter cups for a unique twist.
- Add a sprinkle of sea salt on top of the chocolate for a sweet and salty combination.
- If you want to get fancy, you can dust the graham crackers with cinnamon or cocoa powder before assembling your s’mores.
- For extra gooeyness, you can use marshmallow fluff instead of a regular marshmallow.
So, the next time you’re craving s’mores but don’t have access to a campfire, don’t despair! You can still indulge in this delightful treat by making them in your trusty air fryer. It’s a quick, easy, and mess-free way to enjoy the classic combination of marshmallows, chocolate, and graham crackers. Happy snacking!