Can You Cook Donuts in an Air Fryer?
Who doesn’t love a delicious, warm donut? That fluffy and sweet treat that melts in your mouth is hard to resist, especially when paired with a hot cup of coffee. But have you ever wondered if it’s possible to make donuts in an air fryer? Well, the answer is a resounding yes! You can absolutely cook donuts in an air fryer, and today, we’ll tell you how.
Before we dive into the details, let’s talk a bit about air fryers. These nifty kitchen gadgets have gained immense popularity in recent years, and for good reason. Air fryers use hot air circulation combined with a small amount of oil to mimic the results of deep-frying. This means you can enjoy crispy and delicious food with a fraction of the oil traditionally used.
Now, back to donuts. To cook donuts in an air fryer, you’ll need a few simple ingredients and some basic kitchen tools:
- 1 can of refrigerated biscuit dough
- 1/4 cup of melted butter
- 1/2 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- A round cookie cutter or the cap of a water bottle
Here’s how you can make air fryer donuts:
- Preheat your air fryer to 350°F (175°C). Most air fryers have temperature settings, so make sure to set it accordingly.
- Remove the biscuit dough from the can and separate the individual biscuits. Using a round cookie cutter or the cap of a water bottle, cut a hole in the middle of each biscuit to create the classic donut shape.
- Place the donuts and donut holes (if desired) into the air fryer basket. Make sure to leave enough space between them for the air to circulate.
- Brush the melted butter on both sides of each donut to give them a nice golden color.
- Now, it’s time to add some sweetness! In a shallow bowl, mix together the granulated sugar and ground cinnamon. Dip each donut into the mixture, ensuring they are fully coated.
- Once your air fryer is preheated, carefully place the donuts in the basket. Cook for around 5-7 minutes, or until they turn golden brown. Keep an eye on them to prevent over-browning.
- When the time’s up, remove the donuts from the air fryer and let them cool for a few minutes. They will be hot, so be cautious!
- Finally, it’s time to devour these delicious treats. Enjoy them as they are, or get creative with toppings like powdered sugar, chocolate glaze, or even a classic donut icing. The choices are endless!
Cooking donuts in an air fryer not only saves you the trouble of deep-frying, but it also results in a slightly healthier version of this beloved pastry. With significantly less oil involved, you can indulge without feeling too guilty. Plus, the air fryer’s rapid cooking time means you’ll have a batch of fresh donuts ready in minutes.
While we’ve shared a simple recipe using refrigerated biscuit dough, don’t be afraid to experiment. You can try making your own donut dough from scratch, adding different flavors and fillings, or even tweaking the recipe to make baked donuts. The air fryer provides a versatile and convenient cooking method, so let your creativity flow!
Next time you’re craving some scrumptious donuts, why not give your air fryer a whirl? Say goodbye to the long waiting times and greasy aftermath of deep-frying, and say hello to an easy, quick, and delightful donut-making experience!