Philips HD9216/41 Viva Collection Airfryer Review
- Quicker cooking times than conventional oven
- Cooks from fresh and frozen
- More efficient and cost effective
- Minimum cooking oils used when cooking
- Easy to clean cooking basket
- Suitable for cooking small portions of food only i.e. good for 2 people but not cooking for entire family unless you buy the XL model!
- Requires overlay rack to optimize space in airfryer
- Whens cooking chips, chicken etc basket has to be shaken throughout cooking to ensure all items are cooked evenly
THE TECHY BIT:
|Key Features:||Rapid air technology|
|Timer Controls:||up to 30 mins. Temperature control: 80-200˚|
THE FINE DETAILS:
|Item Weight||6.54 Kg|
|Product Dimensions||31.5 x 28.7 x 38.4 cm|
|Volume Capacity||0.8 litres|
|Power / Wattage||1425 watts|
MISTER AIRFRY’S THOUGHTS:
This is the rolls royce of air fryers. Top of the range. It comes in at a modest price and still keeping the quality of its build and air fry cooking abilities. With it’s manual dials it is very user friendly even for the elderly people! An ideal present for an elderly loved one. With a temp range of 80°C – 200°C and a capacity suited to 2 – 4 people this is a prime entry air fryer.
This model even comes with a 200 airfry recipe book if you are short on ideas on what to put it the magic black box!
Now the nitty gritty – one of the drawbacks of this model is that you literally get the bare bones to start air frying. Unlike other models in the philips range you won’t get grill pan but fear not you can buy these separately on amazon here.
This model comes with the mesh basket which is ideal to allow all that unhealthy fat drip off your food and save on them nasty fatty calories. I was amazed how much fat actually came off some of the foods I cook which would not show up when frying / cooking etc. This is every healthy persons dream!
Mister Air Fry Top Tip:
Use bicarbonate of soda to clean out the compartment of the airfryer which catches the grease for some hassle free cleaning!